27 July 2012
Acting: Radio and Voiceover Technique
This five-day intensive summer school aims to give you a chance to experience all aspects of radio and voiceover work.
This is a brand new course and unlike anything currently on offer in Scotland. You will have access to top rate equipment and studios, and will be tutored by one of Scotland’s most used voice artists with excellent guest tutors from the industry and the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
During this summer school students will learn, explore and develop new skills through a variety of skills workshops and practical exercises. Each morning will begin with a physical and vocal warm- up that leads directly into the day’s skills workshop.
The workshops include:
• Vocal skills and techniques required for radio and audio work
• Sight reading and script analysis
• Radio drama
• Technical and studio hints and tips, including
Donald Price is a prolific voiceover artist. He is a continuity announcer at STV and works regularly for BBC radio. He records adverts, talking books, trails, museum guides and narration for everyone from Vodafone to the RSPB.
This summer school is particularly suited to students age 17 plus who are seeking a professional training experience or are thinking about a career in acting.
It may also be of particular interest to theatre professionals who wish to develop and adapt their skills and gain an insight into voiceover work.
On completion of the week you will have an understanding of the business, ideas of how to find work, and have recorded examples of your work including a short radio drama, trails, narration and talking books.
By the end of the course students should have:
• Gained an understanding of the essential aspects of acting for radio and voiceovers
• Worked on vocal technique through workshops and in a professional studio
• Taken part in workshops and recorded various pieces of work varying from adverts to trails
• Recorded a short radio drama and engaged in a radio drama workshop
GBP 450: 50% payment is required to book a place.