14 August 2016
The courses are taught in English by highly qualified IRI-members and guest lecturers. They offer a broad knowledge in information technology law, a field of law that paves the way to the future. IN SITU covers a wide range of disciplines such as European Law, data protection law, electronic commerce law, intellectual property law, IT contracts and alternative licencing law and it also offers insights into various specific topics such as bio technology law and cloud-computing. On the top of it IN SITU will offer a conference on a specific and innovative IT/IP Law topic, with a panel of distinguished guest speakers. All classes take place in the IRI’s seminar room which enables the IN SITU-participants to be part of the daily life of the University and bring them in close contact with the staff members. The students are also allowed to use the IRI’s specialist library which enhances the positive studying and working atmosphere. Besides meeting new friends from all over the world, getting new knowledge and having fascinating discussions and mostly fun with all attendants, you will receive a certificate worth 10 ECTS credits!!!
Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Forgó
The programme is developed for different groups of people, e.g.:
- law students who are interested in IT-law. You should have finished your second year of studies, as the most important precondition for IN SITU is general knowledge about the legal system in Germany and Europe,
- prospective EULISP-students who would like to acquaint themselves with the requirements of studying law in Germany in terms of language, curricular content and method to have an easier transition into their EULISP-classes,
- employees with a law degree who would like to improve their chances on the job-market by specialising in IT-law by means of a four-week intensive training course,
- PhD-candidates in IT-law. You can to broaden your knowledge in the field of research, find discussion-partners and use the IRI’s knowledge and infrastructure, especially the specialist library to proceed with your theses,
- students from other related to IT Law disciplines might also be accepted if they display a high level of motivation to join IN SITU.
Apart from the academic curriculum we have prepared a great leisure programme with a lot of awesome destinations for weekend and daily trips, e.g. Berlin, Hamburg and various landmarks near Hannover. IT WILL BE FUN!
IN SITU offers a consice but thorough insight into the contemporary problems of IT/IP Law, covering the areas of European Law, data protection, electronic commerce and intellectual property. It also offers insights into various specific topics such as bio technology law and cloud-computing.
EUR 1400: the fee for “IN SITU” covers a great part of the cost arising from your stay in Hannover!!!:
- accommodation in the student dormitories of the Leibniz University for the 4 weeks of your stay in Hannover,
- public transport discount tickets for 4 weeks, for all the public transportation means in Hannover,
- travel and teaching costs of the guest lecturers,
- the leisure programme eg the cost of the trips to Berlin, Hamburg and various landmarks near Hannover (train tickets, public transportation tickets, entrance fees, accommodation),
- daily lunch at the university Canteen during the lecture days.
Please check our webpage for details!