19 July 2013
on course website
Are you a student in the second or third year or just graduated in physical therapy, Cesar or Mensendieck Therapy, nursing or occupational therapy?
- Do you have special interest in the possibilities of technical aids in examination, training, therapy and activities of daily living?
- Do you want to cooperate professionally with students from abroad as well as colleagues from the Netherlands?
- Are you prepared to follow a two-week intensive course in Utrecht, the centre of the Netherlands?
In that case this summer school is an opportunity for you.
You will get an introduction in the world of assistive technology (AT) and its potential to support patients as well as therapists. The focus in this summer course will be on AT associated to examination, therapeutic interventions and daily support of mobility and ambulation related aspects. You will follow an intensive program and get lectures from Dutch and foreign experts. You will also get the chance to collaborate with other foreign students. During the Summer Course you will visit health institutes and developers, manufacturers and suppliers of AT in The Netherlands. Furthermore you will learn about ethical aspects, regulations, and financial aspects related to AT.
We have planned to give you the opportunity not only to get acquaintance to AT in a passive way, but also to experience the use of it in an active way.
Martijn de Groot
Students or recent graduates in physiotherapy, occupational therapy and allied health studies, interested in the possibilities of Assistive Technology in mobility related problems.
- To communicate in English within a professional context.
- To get introduced to the possibilities of Assistive Technology
- To be aware of ethical, financial and legal aspects related to AT
- To experience the use of AT
Certificate of Attendance
EUR 890: Course + course materials + housing
EUR 555: Course + course materials
Utrecht Summer School doesn't offer scholarships for this course.Register for this course
on course website