16 August 2013
Wind Turbine Technology
The objective of the course is to give the participants experience with applying the established engineering knowledge to specific wind turbine problems. In relation to this, the participants will learn about analysing advantages, problems and principles in power obtained from wind energy. They will be able to understand wind as an energy source and a dynamic load source for the wind turbine, understand how power and load are transferred through the construction and understand how the individual components interact.
Assoc. Prof. Bo Rohde Jensen
Bachelor, Master and PhD students
Having attended the course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the working principle for a wind turbine on both component and system level.
- Understand the basics of Cost of Energy calculation for a complete wind turbine system.
- Describe the main components, analyse the interactions and load transfer between the components.
- Analyse design criteria for the different components due to normal operational dynamic loads and extreme load conditions (if mechanical background).
- Analyse and describe principles for optimising the operation of the turbine and the construction in relation to load reducing control (if control background).
- Gain experience from teamwork and case related problem solving.
- Gain experience in procedures for professional problem solving in an industrial environment.
EUR 0: Students on a bilateral exchange programme do not have to pay. Freemovers are obliged to pay participation fees while tuition fees only apply to freemovers from countries outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland.