14 August 2013
Strategic Management of Creativity and Innovation
Innovation is the cornerstone of successful organisations and economies across the globe. Consider the growing pace at which we witness change in our environment as well as in the technological, social and geopolitical landscapes. Velocity is fuelling the need for innovation, and the pace is expected to intensify in the foreseeable future. Managing innovation requires specific skills, which remain uncommon. This course is geared towards those interested in gaining a deeper understanding of the issues underpinning creativity and innovation in organisations, as well as the ways in which they can be developed and managed successfully.
Louis Rinfret, Université du Québec, Canada
By the end of this course, students will:
- understand the nature and role of creativity and innovation within organisations
- be able to design strategies for sustainable innovation
- be familiar with the various types of innovations and innovation strategies
- know creativity techniques, tools and processes
- understand how to capture value from innovation
- appreciate the challenges and methods for designing innovative organisations
EUR 0: Students on a bilateral exchange programme do not have to pay. Freemovers are obliged to pay participation fees while tuition fees only apply to freemovers from countries outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland.