16 August 2013
International Marketing Management
This undergraduate course focuses on elementary aspects of international marketing management. It aims to develop strategic thinking in a global market context and will provide you with an opportunity to sharpen your written and oral presentation competencies. Utilizing a teaching method that mixes cases, class discussions and group workshops, you will learn key concepts and tools used in solving global marketing problems.
The course focuses on two major aspects that are crucial for a successful marketing strategy: market research and marketing mix strategies. Furthermore we will discuss important contemporary issues such as emerging markets, social media and corporate social responsibility (CSR).
WU university staff will hold this intensive course (6 ECTS) from Monday through Friday in the mornings.
Enrichment courses (1.5 ECTS) are held by renowned, international guest lecturers of WU partner universities and take place on selected afternoons.
General requirements are a minimum university standing of two years for undergraduates.
This course aims to provide participants with:
- A sound understanding of international marketing research issues
- The ability to conduct, evaluate and monitor marketing research projects in an international setting
- An understanding of the idiosyncrasies involved in developing marketing strategies and of the holistic approach to analyzing global marketing strategies
- Key analytical tools and frameworks helpful to managers working in global
- Knowledge and skills to meet the challenges of a diverse customer segment
- An understanding of key challenges found in emerging markets
- Ability to assess and successfully implement social media strategies
Students will attend one Intensive Course (in this case, International Marketing Management) and one Enrichment Course (either Company Practices and Trends in Ethical Management or International Entrepreneurship) and gain a total of 7.5 ECTS.
EUR 800: Full tuition: 800 EUR OR reduced tuition: 400 EUR which applies to students who attend a WU partner university school.
EUR 1190: In addition to the tuition fee, a program fee is also required. The following services are offered to all participants: -Enriching classes with an international perspective - Opportunities for intercultural exchange through the social and cultural program -Breakfast and lunch (Monday through Friday on lecture days) -Accommodation in the students’ residence hall -Internet access on campus and in residence halls - Company visits (in the Graduate Program) -Public transportation ticket within Vienna for the time of the session -Course materials -Use of WU's infrastructure -Grade Certificate
As a strategic focus of WU, students living and studying in a non-EU member state in Southeastern Europe or in Ukraine or Russia can apply for a WU Scholarship. Application for the WU scholarship is open to students studying and living in: Albania, Belaru