15 August 2014
Concrete & Design
Concrete & Design - The rich surface quality & sculptural impact of concrete as a building material
Concrete as a building material is an integral, indispensable material in architecture and design. Due to its specific material qualities, it enables a variety of design options adaptable for different uses.
This workshop deals with the aesthetic potentials of such material that will be tested, challenged and documented in a series of experiments. After a brief introduction to material finishes and theories, several test objects will be generated in order to achieve new „Gestalt“. The sculptural quality (viscosity) and sensitive surface treatment relevant to practical applications in architecture, art, and design will be the focus of this experimental hands-on workshop.
Prof. M. Arch. Katinka Temme
- Study of Architecture at the Technical University Karlsruhe and Arizona State University/USA
- since 2013 Full Professor at the University of Applied Sciences Augsburg
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Daniel Reisch
- Study of Archite
Architectural, Art, or Design students, doctoral students, and/or alumni in an accredited Bachelor or Master course are welcome.
- Interest in crafts
- drawing and design skills
- enthusiasm towards modell-building
- knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
The course language in English. Therefore good command of English is required.
- Knowledge of material specifics and most relevant treatment and finishing techniques
- Development of a new kind of material surface and »Gestalt«
- Development of a design idea from raw material to a 1:1 model utilizing process-oriented thinking/designing
After successful completion of this course you will receive a certificate of participation. It will show the course title, the date and duration of the course, the number of contact hours as well as the main contents and topics.
EUR 550: The course fee is 550,-€.
EUR 450: Students and alumni pay the reduced fee of 450,-€.