29 July 2016
Global Law & Governance Summer School
The Global Law and Governance (GLG) Summer School is an initiative of the European Public Law Organization (EPLO) located next to the sea in Cape Sounion, 64 Km from the centre of Athens, Greece. The program consists of an intensive full week summer program (July 25-29) with courses and study sessions in English, with a completely research lead and interdisciplinary approach to law and policy. Issues of governance and design of public policy and law are crucial for the future of European and International integration. For this reason, the GLG Summer School will focus on topics related to public policy, politics and international relations, administrative science and legal studies. The Summer School offers an intensive full week study program with courses and study sessions, all of them taught in English, with a truly interdisciplinary approach to law, governance and public policy.
The European Public Law Organization (EPLO) is an International Organization with headquarters in Athens, Greece. The EPLO was established on 21 June, 2007. 15 Member States, 4 Public Authorities, The European Commission and the Council of Europe along wi
The GLG Summer School is primarily addressed to graduate students, but also to excellent undergraduate students from all fields of social sciences such as law, politics, economics, sociology, history, philosophy and international relations, as well as to trainee lawyers, lawyers and officials of international organizations and domestic administrations who might have no background in interdisciplinarity and seek ways to continue their education. The participants will attend classes in the various fields conducted by eminent professors from prestigious Universities from all over the world.
The focus of the GLG Summer School is threefold:
1) To familiarize participants with the most up-to-date issues of Global Law, Governance and Public Policy, including European integration.
2) To promote an interdisciplinary approach to the study of the social sciences. For this reason, the classes will be held by Professors from different fields of social sciences and especially from the fields of Law, Economics, Politics, Philosophy and Sociology. Empirical analysis of law will have a special place in the study programs.
3) To acquaint students with the methodological issues of the respective field. Due to the increase of information sources, it is equally important to know, not only the substance, but also the methodological foundations of the respective field of study.
One of the core ideas of the program is to bring talented young students and scholars into contact with renowned Academics teaching in some of the best Universities around the world. All the courses will be seminar-like classes and colloquia, and the active class-participation will be encouraged.
Available upon request
EUR 380: Fees for the GLG Summer School include a non-refundable 30€ application fee and a program fee of 380€. The program fee includes:
- Participation in the Courses
- Participation in the Conference
- Non-printed Course Material
- Certification of Participation and Completion
- ECTS Diploma Supplement Upon Request
Early Bird rate is available for 300 € if students apply by April 29, 2016. Please note that at least half of the program fee must be paid by May 13, 2016. Application Deadline at the Full Tuition Rate is by June 24, 2016.
For payment information and information on accommodation, meal and transfer packages, please contact email@example.com
EUR 300: Fees for the early bird rate include a non-refundable 30€ application fee plus the Early Bird rate of 300 € if students apply by April 29, 2016. Please note that at least half of the program fee must be paid by May 13, 2016.