8 July 2016
on course website
Luxury Goods Management
Explore the Enchanting World of Luxury!
Do you want to know what luxury goods management is all about? Why certain brands stand out, and why they convey that certain something that makes them so desirable? By enrolling on this course, you will immerse yourself into the mechanics of “Luxury Goods Management” – and all of it in beautiful Switzerland, home to many luxury brands.
While the term ‘luxury’ may mean different things to different people, luxury products and services have always been renowned for their superior quality, design, and artistry.
By integrating theoretical knowledge with practical experience through our industry partners, you will gain much more than academic knowledge. In fact, you might soon find yourself in the headquarters of one of your favorite luxury brands. It focuses on key aspects of luxury brand management such as international marketing strategies, brand positioning, product design, communications, and consumer behavior. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the inspiring world of Swiss luxury.
Includes popular and inspiring company visits.
Great Benefits at Every Level!
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to study at one of Switzerland’s leading business schools, while getting to know our culture and our people. Acquire new skills, expand your perspective, develop your network, and add valuable skills to your resume. You will be able to meet and interact with students from around the world, network with business leaders during company visits, and discover the natural beauty of our country. Interesting and popular company visits, field trips, and an attractive range of extracurricular activities will make your stay a unique experience.
Join us and be a part of yet another fantastic Summer Academy. We look forward to welcoming you to beautiful Switzerland.
This year’s Summer Academy includes three exciting programs, that we are sure will be of your interest. Furthermore, we offer an additional third week for students who want to acquire additional ECTS and stay longer in order to participate in an hands-on workshop on Brand Management and Design.
• Luxury Goods Management. Explore the enchanting world of luxury. Students will immerse themselves into the mechanics of luxury goods management.
• Corporate Responsibility. Get an insight on how Swiss companies combine social responsibility and business success.
• Secrets of Swiss Business Success. Explore “The Swiss Way” of Doing Business – Benefit from Switzerland’s strengths and find out how this remarkable success has been achieved.
• Additional third week:
Creating a Strong Logo: The Synergy of Brand Management and Design. Gain valuable insight into branding and logo design in this interdisciplinary workshop.
Prof. Dr. Cary Steinmann
Cary Steinmann is an expert in marketing communication and brand management. He studied economics and business administration at the University of Bern and received his PhD in marketing from the University of Fribourg in 1987.
Registration is open to undergraduates and
As a participant in this program, you will:
• get an insight into the luxury and premium goods industry (definition, history) and essential business areas
• grasp the principles of successful international marketing strategies and understand the buying behavior and expectations of luxury goods customers
• get to know the different luxury consumer markets and their most important features and stakeholders
• learn about the significance of luxury for culture, society, and the economy
• examine recent developments in the luxury market
Formal learning is supported by field trips to leading Swiss luxury companies operating in different sectors.
- IWC Schaffhausen, Customs Zurich Airport, Hotel Baur au Lac, Pedrazzini Boats, Roger Dubuis, Hublot, Swiss International Air Lines (First Class), Caran d’Ache, Confiserie Sprüngli, Les Ambassadeurs, Gübelin Gem Lab, Hotel Widder in Zurich, Lavinie (lecture at our school)
The successful completion of each program will be rewarded with 4 ECTS credits and a certificate of attendance from the ZHAW School of Management and Law.
Additional 2 ECTS can be acquired during the additional third week.
If there is a demand from partner institutions for additional ECTS within the main courses (Luxury Goods Management, Corporate Responsibility, and Secrets of Swiss Business Success) we would consider individual assignments for the respective group of students.
CHF 2500: CHF 2,500: Includes course materials, company visits, “Swiss Day”, lunch during company visits and at “Swiss Day”, a Swiss pass
(free public transportation throughout Switzerland), pick-up and transfer to Winterthur, and welcome and farewell event. A 10% price reduction is available to students from partner institutions. Early bird discount for participants from non-partner institutions: Register by 31 March and get a 5% discount. Accommodation is not included in the program fee. The Swiss Summer Academy team will provide you with a list of attractive accommodation options near our campus.
We are happy to discuss further discounts if a partner Institution is interested to send a bigger group of students.
on course website