3 October 2014
International Research Workshop
In detail the following courses will be offered:
Parallel Courses in the morning (September 28-October 1):
- Data Analysis with R
- Data Analysis with Stata
- Qualitative Research Methodology and Design Strategy
- Expert Interviews
- Introduction to German Data Sets
Parallel Courses in the afternoon (September 28-October 1):
- Spatial and Panel Econometrics
- Questionnaire Design
- Qualitative Compartive Analysis (QCA) and Fuzzy Sets
- Structural Equation Modelling with R
- Case Study Research
Parallel Courses at the SDU (October 2):
- Introduction to MaxQDA
- Network Analysis
- Mixed Methods
- Academic Writing
- Theoretical and Applied Aspects of Survey Sampling
The International Research Workshop is organised by
- Prof. Dr. Wenzel Matiaske, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, Helmut-Schmidt-University/University of Federal Armed Forces and Research Professor at the German Institute for Economic Research (
Ph.D. students at the beginning of their research project
Empirical research is seeking through methodological processes to discover, hopefully, nontrivial facts and insights. Beside choosing a topic and grounding an idea in theory, empirical research consists of gathering and analysing data as well as presenting results in scientific contexts in order to contribute new issues to the body of acquired knowledge – not only to someone‘s own but also to that of others.
Our workshop tackles these steps of your research project:
- Gathering data via (un)structured interviews and analysing standardized survey data,
- using the computer for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
These steps will strengthen the cooperation in empirical research to boost and streamline ones project.
EUR 399: The regular workshop fee is 399 Euro (including meals and accommodation).
EUR 249: The workshop fee is 249 Euro without accomodation at Sankelmark (only meals are included).
Scholarships are not available. The workshop is supported by
- Helmut-Schmidt-University/University of the Federal Armed Forces Hamburg
- University of Southern Denmark
- Institute of Employment Research (IAB)
- Vidensregion/Wissensregion Syddanmark *