20 February 2015
Winter School : "Wind Energy, Solar Power & Biogas Plants"
This course covers the following topics:
1) Fundamentals of wind energy;
2) Wind resource assessment;
3) Grid connection of wind farms;
4) Planning of wind energy projects;
5) Fundamentals of various PV technologies;
6) PV and hybrid systems;
7) Grid integration of solar energy;
8) Project planning of large-scale solar parks;
9) Fundamentals of biogas use;
10) Technology of biogas plants;
11) Operation and maintenance of biogas plants;
12) Biogas upgrading and feeding;
13) Economy of biogas production. Lectures on these topics will be complimented by site visits to biogas, PV and wind plants.
The German Academy for Renewable Energy and Environmental Technology offers this Winter School: “Wind Energy, Solar Power, & Biogas Plants” in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute for WindEnergy and Energy System Technology (IWES). This winter school will consist of three, one-week modules which combine theory and practice focusing on wind, solar, and biogas energy. Through lectures, presentations, and exercises participants will further their knowledge pertaining to renewable energy. Each module includes a highly valuable practical aspect where participants will have the chance to visit German manufacturers and companies in the wind, solar, and biogas fields. These activities offer participants the opportunity to discuss their topics of interest with experts, producers, and potential business partners.
The German Academy for Renewable Energy and Environmental Technology and the Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy and Energy System Technology (IWES)
Professional engineers, technicians, academic scholars, as well as investors and educators in the field of renewable energies who wish to obtain a comprehensive introduction to renewable energy technology.
EUR 3550: A fee of EUR 3550 will cover tuition fees for the winter school "Wind Energy, Solar Power, & Biogas Plants",course materials, documentation, site tours, transportation between Kassel and Bad Hersfeld at the beginning and at the end of the Biogas Plants course, and a program certificate. and Wellness day at the Kurbad Therme in Bad Hersfeld.