25 July 2015
On analytical science, metrology and accreditation.
Laboratory Accreditation (according to ISO/IEC-17025) plays a crucial role all across the world. Though many are taught analytical techniques in their science or engineering education, their courses rarely address the knowledge and skills required in the context of accreditation. This is exactly the focus of this school.
Euromaster Measurement Science in Chemistry consortium
All those who want to find out what it means to work in an analytical laboratory accredited according to ISO/IEC-17025.
Topics covered are :
• Traceability in chemical and bio-analytical measurements
• Validation of such measurement procedures
• Evaluation of measurement uncertainty in chemical measurements; uncertainty and compliance
• Statistics and statistical basis of calibration;
• ISO/IEC-17025 standard quality system and laboratory assessment
Students will be performing pre-school assignments and post-school assignments, on top of the work performed during the school.
EUR 2500: This includes all tuition fees, training material, insurance, use of laboratory instruments and reagents, social activities (welcome reception, closing dinner, an excursion), all meals and accommodation. Travel costs from your home town to Warsaw or Lublin airports are not included, but an airport pick up is foreseen.
For a limited number of participants, the participation fee can be reduced to 1500€ depending on available resources.