24 August 2012
on course website
Dutch Language Level 4
Dutch is a Germanic language that is spoken by approximately 23 million people world-wide. Most of these live in the Netherlands and in Belgium, but Dutch is also spoken in Surinam and on the Dutch Antilles.
This intermediate course in Dutch offers you the opportunity to learn the Dutch language fast and well. It covers the four skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking. During the course you will also get familiarized with Dutch customs and manners.
Course activities include:
- oral and written summaries
- grammar exercises
- letter writing.
After completing this course (B1 level):
- You can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- You will be able to deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- You can produce simple connected texts on topics which are familiar or are of personal interest.
- You can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- You have knowledge of the Dutch language at B1-level and will be able to enroll Dutch courses at B2-level.
You are required to do a placement test developed by the James Boswell Instituut. This test consists of two parts: multiple choice and writing. A teacher will assess your language skills. On the basis of your test result you will get an advice about which course is suitable for you.
The aim is for participants to reach Level B1 (Common European Framework) upon course completion.
Certificate of Attendance
EUR 1415: Course + course materials + housing
Utrecht Summer School doesn't offer scholarships for this course.Register for this course
on course website