2 July 2015
Jewish Life and History
Main idea of the course is to help participants to discover the heritage of Ashkenazi Jews in the heart of former Yiddishland. The course will address following topics:
• The heritage of shtetls, the small, often largely Jewish towns of Eastern Europe, including guided tour of some of these towns; and the heritage of Jewish life in major cities, especially Lublin,
• Yiddish and Hebrew as the linguistic pillars of local Jewish culture,
• In search of identity – Jewish Biographies of the 20th century,
• The Holocaust and its consequences for the region,
• Education and creative work around the notion of collective memory,
Or program offers the unique experience of a ten day seminar on Jewish cultural heritage, combining theoretical background (lectures, panel discussions, etc.) with practical activities (workshops, guided tours, etc.) under the supervision of recognized specialists in the field.
Different issues will be addressed by different leaders who are specilaists in given field (i.e. Holocaust in Poland, Polish Jews history etc).
English-speaking college and university students.
The course aims at introducing participants to Ashkenazi Jewish culture in Poland, especially in Lublin region, and discovering the cultural heritage related to it.
EUR 1290: 1500 $ (aprox. 1290 €) to cover tutition, room, boarding, trips within the course, all educational materials and fees related to the course.
Scholarships are available. Please go to our website for details http://teatrnn.pl/activities/summerschool/application/