22 July 2016
Equity and Venture Capital Financing
The course includes three sections:
- introduction to the key functions of private equity and venture capital firms; analysis of the evolution of business models and key trends in private equity and venture capital firms in modern economies;
- overview of legal and fiscal frameworks for private equity and venture capital firms by comparative analysis of the regulatory and fiscal contexts in continental Europe, the UK and the US;
- discussion of key management issues in private equity and venture capital funds: funding process, investment scouting, evaluation, management, deals closure and exit strategies.
Prof. Stefano Caselli
Full Professor, Department of Finance, Bocconi University
Application is open to students in Bachelor programs of international universities.
The course requires basic knowledge of corporate finance and accounting.
The course introduces the foundations of value creation by private equity and venture capital firms in the perspective of financial intermediaries dedicated to scouting, advisory, arranging and financing activities.
EUR 1700: The fee includes:
- academic program
- public transportation card
- hospitality (welcome reception, breakfast, lunch)
- a session of Italian language and culture
- company visits and social activities
EUR 600: Extra charge for accommodation at Bocconi Residence Halls