22 July 2016
Economics of European Union
The course includes three sections:
- In the first part of the course we explore the concept of economic integration, as well as its implications for a country’s economic growth, using the example of the actual evolution of European integration; we also look in detail at the working of the euro;
- In the second part we study the main European policies, their common objectives, instruments and financial means, and their evolution over time, together with the working of the Institutions that manage them;
- In the third part of the course we discuss some of the key priorities for the future development of European integration through project works in small groups.
Prof. Carlo Altomonte
Associate Professor, Department of Policy Analysis and Public Management, Bocconi University
Application is open to students in Bachelor programs of international universities.
Basic knowledge of microeconomics and macroeconomics.
The course aims to analyze the economic issues related to the current and future process of European integration through a policy perspective.
EUR 1700: The fee includes:
- academic program
- public transportation card
- hospitality (welcome reception, breakfast, lunch)
- a session of Italian language and culture
- company visits and social activities
EUR 600: Extra charge for accommodation at Bocconi Residence Halls