14 August 2015
TOChina Business Program
The TOChina Business Program (CBP) has been developed for the benefit of far-sighted players from Europe, China, and beyond – companies, institutions, individual prospective managers: through this program, they can access world-class training in China on how to engage effectively with the new business environment which is being engineered in China through the current wave of economic reforms.
Promoted by the University of Torino (Department of Culture, Politics and Society) and the ESCP Europe business school (Torino Campus), in partnership with Zhejiang University (Center for Italian Studies) and the Torino World Affairs Institute, the third edition of the CBP will take place in Hangzhou (P.R.China) from July 6 to August 14, 2015.
For the past 30 years entrepreneurs and managers from around the world have been engaging China mostly as a destination for investment and a global industrial hub, producing – or, more often, assembling – goods for export. In several key sectors that era is now over, and in many others it will be soon. China is fast becoming itself a prime global investor, and its increasingly mature market is a key driver of global growth.
Those companies – and nations – which get in-sync the soonest with this new reality will make the stronger claim for a share of the next growth cycle. The TOChina Business Program is conceived to train those who seek success in this new phase.
The TOChina Business Program aims to attract highly qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds, including – though not limited to – the following profiles:
- outstanding graduate students and young professionals from outside China who have acquired substantial expertise on China and now wish to combine it with essential managerial competences to make a more credible claim for a business career with China;
- outstanding mainland Chinese graduate students and young professionals with excellent command of the English language who aim for a career in international business;
- second-generation Chinese from around the world who wish to benefit from a fresh opportunity to reconnect with mainland China through the dynamic city of Hangzhou, while accessing advanced training for prospective international managers and networking opportunities with top local business players.
In 2014 a vibrant mix of young Chinese businesspeople and outstanding Italian graduate students generated a unique environment. Even greater diversity will be sought in 2015.
The TOChina Business Program (CBP) offers a set of 6 crash courses – for a total of 200 hours of intensive training – designed to equip a high-power group of prospective managers with strategic skills in the areas of business internationalization, intercultural management and entrepreneurship, with a China focus.
The CBP curriculum has been especially developed by an international team of scholars of contemporary China together with executive education specialists and China-based professionals. All faculty members are accomplished business executives, legal professionals and academics of international standing.
The program aims to respond to the growing demand for highly-qualified profiles combining substantive competence on China, good command of the basics of international business, and an entrepreneurial spirit free of naiveté.
The CBP is an extremely enriching learning experience, which involves over 30 hours of formal training in class per week, plus a variety of group projects and business development simulations.
The program takes place in the international environment of the historic Yuquan Campus of Zhejiang University, located near the iconic West Lake in the city of Hangzhou.
EUR 1700: Fee for current and former participants in the following partner programs:
- Graduate programs (Lauree magistrali) of the Department of Culture, Politics and Society, University of Torino
- CRT Talenti per l’Impresa;
- CRT Talenti per l’Export;
- ESCP Europe (Torino Campus) Master in Management;
- ESCP Europe (Torino Campus) Master in European Business;
- ISES Giovani “Esperienze di lavoro nel mondo”
EUR 2200: Fee for all other participants