29 July 2016
on course website
Global Sourcing and Supply Chain Management in China
This course introduces global sourcing and supply chain management in China, an enormous player in the world economy. In the competitive global marketplace, great emphasis is placed on both cost reduction and fast reaction time. Global sourcing refers to the process of locating goods and services in the most efficient manner (particularly with regard to cost and delivery times) wherever in the world they might be. The supply chain refers to both the physical activities related to delivering products and services to customers, as well as informational activities such as product design and planning. These activities may involve the linking of different companies in this process or the coordination of different functional areas within a single company.
Students will learn the most important theories involved in supply chain management and global sourcing, and match that with actual case studies. The course is structured to look at procurement and manufacturing, distribution and logistics, the information technology that supports the process, innovations in the supply chain that fuel China’s growth, as well as the integrated administration of the entire process.
After completing the course, students should:
- be able to identify and describe important features and concepts of supply chain management,
- be knowledgeable about specific market players of supply chain management and global sourcing in China,
- have a command of the particular features of supply chain management in China, and
- be able to conduct a detailed analysis of a business sourcing problem set in China that involves identifying challenges and their possible solutions.
This course is taught at Fudan Univerity (Shanghai,China) as part of the China Europe International Summer School (CEISS). CEISS is a collaboration between Fudan University (China), Peking University(China),Utrecht University (Netherlands), Freie Universität Berlin (Germany), Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Italy) and Edvance Education International (China), offering summer courses that explore the world's main economic, social and political trends and themes and the way they impact on the economies and societies of Europe and China.
This course can be combined with the following CEISS courses:
- Dynamics of the Chinese Economy (Fudan University, 4 - 15 July 2016)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Europe and China (Fudan University, 4 - 15 July 2016)
- The Chinese Marketplace: Globalization and Local Transformation (Fudan University, 4 - 15 July 2016)
- China, the US, Europe and the Rise of Asia: Ideas, Culture and Perceptions (Peking University, 4 - 15 July 2016)
- Intellectual Property Law and Policy in China (Peking University, 4 - 15 July 2016)
- Highlights of Law and Economics (Utrecht University, 4 - 15 July 2016)
- European Cultures and Identities (Utrecht University, 4 - 15 July 2016)
- European Politics and Economy (Utrecht University, 4 - 15 July 2016)
Dr. Nathan Wang
Students of social sciences (incl. law, economics, business), sciences and engineering at senior undergraduate or graduate level with an interest in business, governance, commerce and sustainability. A general background in either business or economics is desirable, but no specific expertise is required.
EUR 1645: course fees + course materials + housing + social programme
EUR : -
Not availableRegister for this course
on course website