24 July 2015
Integrating Bioresources and Waste in Urban and Rural Energy Systems
Think out of the box when developing your career on any topics relating to biomass and waste to energy and zero emission cities together with international eseia experts. Top scientists and practitioners will focus on bringing you insights from various angles and help you in your professional development. Enhance your own project ideas by using cutting edge tools under the supervision of experienced experts. Meet people with similar interests and start networking effectively. Reach beyond your limits this year at the eseia International Summer School from 13 - 24 July 2015 at LNEG and the New University of Lisbon.
The eseia International Summer School will focus on strong interactive lectures followed by discussions and debates in the morning; Hands-on activities and individual project idea development during the afternoon.
eseia experts will look at your ideas from the following four angles:
• Policy angle: EU energy policy for local and regional actors,
• Socio-economic angle: New business and financial models for hybrid systems and the role of energy management in urban and rural planning,
• Design angle: How to transcend the concept of sustainability in architectural design.
• Technological angle: Environmentally friendly heating, electricity supply and production from biomass and waste.
Professional study visits will be organised during the Summer School in:
• National Laboratory of Energy and Geology (LNEG) Research and Development units, Biomass infrastructure and solar building;
• CMC Biomass,Lda. - Producer of biomass pellets;
• Algafuel, S.A. - Bioengineering company for industrial production of microalgae.
A special evening seaside chat will be organised with the eseia business network.
National Laboratory of Energy and Geology
New University of Lisbon
International Master and PhD students.
Young researchers and professionals.
This summer school aims at committed participants aiming at developing bioresource and waste solutions for urban and rural energy systems.
EUR 600: The fee covers the lectures, board and lodging at New University of Lisbon (UNL) campus. Costs and organization of arrival and departure is in the responsibility of the participants.