16 July 2016
Theory and practice in Spectroscopy and Electrochemistry
The summer school will build on the 2015 Summer School, and will focus on:
• DFT and LF-DFT methods - including ADF, Gaussian and ORCA (Prof Marcel Swart, Dr Remco Havenith, Prof Maja Gruden, Dr Edwin Otten)
• Electrochemistry - including cyclic voltammetry and spectroelectrochemistry (Prof Wesley Browne)
• Multidimensional NMR spectroscopy (Prof Ricardo Louro)
• Mössbauer spectroscopy (Prof Eckhard Bill)
• EPR spectroscopy (Dr Maylis Orio, Prof Carole Duboc)
In all areas both theoretical and hands-on practical training will be provided. The school is aimed at PhD students but is open to Postdocs and research Masters students if places are available. The language is English and the practicals will be divided between novice and advanced groups within each subject. Practical sessions will involve hands-on laboratory exercises at beginner and advanced levels rather than demonstrations (with the exception of Mössbauer spectroscopy).
Prof. Dr. Wesley Browne, University of Groningen
Dr Edwin Otten
Prof Marcel Swart
Prof Carole Duboc
Prof Ricardo Louro
The school targets PhD students in Physics, Chemistry and Biology primarily and is open to applications from students at advanced (research) Masters level and to Postdoctoral researchers on a case by case basis.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance
EUR 400: The fee (€400) includes accommodation, breakfast and some meals as wel as all course materials.
Scholarships to support attendance and travel are available through the COST Action CM1305.