16 September 2017
Mediterranean Summer University
This summer university programme, organized by CIFE (Centre international de formation européenne), takes place in Rome, Italy from 10th to 16th of September 2017. About 20 international students will get to learn about the subject of 'Migrations and Human Rights in Europe and in the world.' The students are taught by international experts on the matter.
The working language is English.
Proposed topics for the 2017 edition:
* “Migrant crisis in the Mediterranean Area"
- Borders and security in Europe
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Migration as a result of conflicts
* "Emerging migration flows and policy challenges in Europe”
- Youth and Education, Health challenges for immigrants, Unaccompanied minors in Europe, Migration and the housing question
- Living conditions of migrants in European countries
- High skilled worker immigration into EU
* "Migrations and refugees in Europe, Human rights"
- Political refugees and economic migrants: the EU legislation
* "Underage and alone in Europe: the case of Italy"
- The role of local authorities in the integration process.
- Graduate Students
- Motivated young researchers
- Undergraduate Students interested in European subjects (from 2nd year of studies onwards)
The CIFE Summer University is known for its level of excellence, the high level of both academic speakers and practitioners and the active involvement of the participants in all discussions and debates. This outstanding experience will undoubtly provide the participants with interesting exchanges and mutual learning, deep EU expertise and relevant output for their CV.
ECTS credits available for this programme.
EUR 400: This amount (400 Euros) applies to participants who are able to justify their status of student. For those who are not students, please contact us for more information regarding the fees you would pay.
Scholarships are available for particularly qualified students.