10 July 2015
The Business & Culture of Luxury in France
IFM Summer School programs provide a chance for non-specialists to learn about the basics of the fashion and luxury industries and gain an overview of the creative industries in general from every angle: culture, professions, economics, products, creative processes, image and communication issues.
The program mainly aims to help participants:
- learn about the culture and economy of creative industries (fashion, luxury, design, perfumes, cosmetics...)
- explore and analyze brands and their history, the creative process, innovation and manufacturing processes
- deepen their knowledge of the notions, concepts and vocabulary of these key economic sectors
- gain insight and contacts in the fashion and luxury industry.
Taught in English, 'Business and Culture of Luxury in France' is a 5-day program open to students from all over the world.
Programs are hosted at IFM’s exceptional location, Les Docks - Cité de la Mode et du Design, overviewing the Seine riverbanks and some of Paris’ most exceptional monuments.
Franck Delpal, Professor of Fashion and Luxury Economy
Open to students over 18 and currently enrolled in a full-time higher education program. Young professionals may also join under conditions.
The objectives of the program are to:
• understand the culture and economy of French luxury
• analyze iconic brands and their creation, communication and international development strategies
• discover the specifics of professions and careers in the luxury goods sector
• visit exceptional venues in Paris and meet representatives of main luxury brands.
EUR 970: Program fees include: tuition fees, visits, welcome breakfast and buffet.
Needs-based scholarships (up to 75% of fees) may be offered. These scholarships are sponsored by IFM's Circle of Patrons.