20 July 2017
Managing Innovations and Creating Innovative Business Models
Business plan development in stages – (a) Idea generation – (b) Business concept development – (c) Business Plan conceptualization – (d) Business Plan presentation/Pitch.
Business concept development is facilitated by a mix between input sessions with experts, interactive discussions and coaching. In addition principles from business ethics, human resource management, social media management, IP Management, and market research are part of the curriculum and are thus incorporated into the learning process.
The Summer Course starts with an introductory session, followed by an idea presentation (either in sales pitch or poster format). Based on the ideas and the team requirements presented, participants group around ideas and form teams of max. 5 people. The teams are multidisciplinary containing students from different disciplines.
The course is mainly characterized by project work based on the stages of Business Plan creation. Project work is supported by mentors/coaches. In addition the Summer Course contains applied lectures from academics and practitioners. Towards the end of the course the students are trained to present their Business Plans. The course ends with a Business Plan pitch to a combined audience of internal staff (Business Coaches from Center for Entrepreneurship, CfE), participants and a panel of external financiers.
- Prof. Dr. Jan Kratzer
This course is for all undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as for professionals with an engineering, natural sciences, social sciences or arts background. Participants attending this Summer School should have a strong interest in creating new products, processes and businesses and in working together in multidisciplinary teams.
- The ability to successfully apply the learned knowledge for development of a new product/Process or business concept
- The ability to systematically explore and create ideas or modify existing business ideas for answering market needs
- The ability to systematically explore diverse obstacles in building a viable business concept based on a technology
- An in-depth understanding of the different phases of a business development process
- The ability to transform new ideas into business solutions for a commercial market environment, combined with decision-making and leadership competencies
- The ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- The ability to present a concept to an internal audience as well as to an external panel of financiers
- The ability to reflect upon ethical and team processes
3 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) for the academic course.
EUR 920: The fee includes: the Summer School academic program, transportation ticket and some extracurricular activities. This course can only be booked in combination with a four week course (block 1 or block 3).
To be announced