11 August 2017
Mediterranean Diet and Use of Olive Oil
Mediterranean diet represents the traditional cooking style of the countries bordering the mediterranean sea, including Turkey and basically comprises of fresh green vegetables cooked in aromatic extra virgin olive oil, fruits, whole grains, fish, legumes and mixed nuts. Epidemiological studies indicate a protective role of Mediterranean diet pattern and olive oil on incidences of chronic diseases as Cardiovascular Heart Diseases, Cancer, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease as well as prevention of obesity and Type II Diabetes. Food and nutrition guides encourage healthy adults to adapt a style of eating like that of the Mediterranean diet for prevention of major chronic diseases.
Istanbul Aydin University Health Sciences Faculty - Asist. Prof. Mrs. Indrani KALKAN
Indian by birth, living in Turkey for the past 20 years. Has completed her post graduation in Nutrition Sciences from Syracuse University, USA and earned her PhD. from H
All undergraduate and post graduate students who is interested in the subject.
Upon successful completion of the course, the students will be:
• Able to compare the mediterranean diet with the western diets in terms of beneficial/harmful nutrients
• Aware of the health impacts of medditeranean diet and its role in chronic diseases
• Be familiarized with mediterranean style of cooking and use of olive oil
• Learn the major ingredients (spices, vegetables, nuts etc.) involved in mediterranean style of cooking
• Able to prepare mediterranean cuisines and desserts popular in the region.
EUR 590: Enrollment Cost: 640 USD + 50 USD special course matarial (Including
-Tuition 50 class hours
- Superior Hostel Accommodation ( With swimming pool,Free WI-FI,Flat Screen TV, Gymm ,laundry)
- Course Materials
- Free Museum Entrance Cards
- 2 Sigtseeing Tours ( Bosphorus Boat Tour & Hıstorical Peninsula Tour )
- Graduation Reception & Certificates
- Ammenities ( Delightful Bag, T Shirt, Notebook etc )
Early Registration Discounted Cost:590 USD
For every 5 paying students from the same university there will be a scholarship granted for the 6.participant.