12 August 2016
The Summer School introduces students to the main areas of development policy and examines important development policy issues. The students will be able to discuss development policy issues with professionals from international organizations, governmental institutions, development organizations, research institutions, and the University of Bonn.
The classes cover the main areas of development policy:
• Introduction to Development Policy
• German Development Policy
• European Development Policy
• International Development Policy
• Financing of Development Policy
• Selected Fields of Development Policy such as Good Governance and Human Rights, Environment Protection and Climate Change, Health, Education, Peacekeeping, Nutrition, Poverty Reduction
• Development Policy – A Critical Review.
In addition to classes, the program offers guest lectures on selected issues of development policy and various excursions, including an excursion to Brussels.
The instructors and guest lecturers are development policy experts from international organizations, governmental institutions, development organizations, research institutions and the University of Bonn.
University of Bonn
Graduate and postgraduate students as well as young professionals from any field of study or discipline
The Summer School aims at providing graduate and postgraduate students as well as young professionals with insight into the field of development policy.
2 ECTS credits for regularly attending the Summer School
5 ECTS credits for regularly attending the Summer School and submitting a paper of about 5000 words
EUR 750: The participation fee amounts to 750 Euros (including the costs for the excursions). The fee does not include housing or meals.
A very limited number of grants will be awarded by the University of Bonn to excellent Summer School applicants. Only students can apply for a grant.