19 August 2011
This course has been developed in cooperation with representatives from the District Energy industry in Denmark. The Engineering College of Aarhus offers a Summer School with focus on District Heating Technology. The purpose of the Summer School is to enable you to apply your engineering competences to District Energy issues, and to gain an insight into the technology and the main components, different kinds of heat production, smart production and consumption, and the great environmental advantage in using District Energy.Course offered by Engineering College of Aarhus.
Jens Brusgaard Vestergaard and others
The Summer School welcomes you who:
• are studying to become an engineer - on bachelor or master level
• have a great interest in District Energy, energy savings and reduction of carbon emissions
• will finish your engineering education within the next year
• have educational competences within mechanical and civil engineering
• have graduated within the last year and now work within the District Energy sector
Through participation in the Summer School you will gain following competences:
• Understanding of advantages, problems and principles in District energy.
• Understanding of the functions and main elements from production to the consumer.
• Experience in applying your own engineering knowledge.
• A district energy approach to subjects as:
◦ Network and components
◦ Combined Heat and Power, boilers, heat store tanks, incineration, solar and biogas plants
◦ Operation of the production, the grid and the consumption combined with smart grids
EUR 0: See website for information regarding fees