12 August 2016
• Fundamentals: coordination chemistry (metal-ligand bond, structure, 18- and 16-electron rules, types of reactions)
• Introduction to Catalysis
• Alkene Hydrogenation
• Oxidation of ethylene to acetaldehyde (Wacker Process)
• Epoxidation of Alkenes
• Oxidation of Ketones (Baeyer-Villiger Reaction) and Alcohols
• Hydrolysis of Nitriles (metal-ligand cooperation catalysis)
• Acylation of Amines with Alcohols (metal-ligand cooperation catalysis)
• Alkene Isomerization
• Di-, Oligo- and Polymerization of Alkenes
• Coupling Reactions from Organohalides
• Nitroaldol (Henry) and Nitro-Mannich Coupling Reactions (bimetallic bifunctional catalysis)
• Cooperative Metal- and Organo-Catalysis
• Activation and Functionalization of Alkanes
This course is combined with CH2 course.
Lecturer: Prof. Armando Pombeiro (Instituto Superior Técnico, University of Lisbon (ULisboa), Portugal)
Coordinator: Prof. Matti Haukka
The Summer School annually offers courses for advanced master’s students, graduate students, and post-docs in the various fields of science and information technology.
The course is targeted at the advanced undergraduate and graduate/post graduate level students in chemistry.
The most important aims of the Summer School are to develop post-graduates scientific readiness and to offer students the possibility to study in a modern, scientific environment and to create connections to the international science community. The Summer School offers an excellent pathway to develop international collaboration in post-graduate research.
Passing: Obligatory attendance at lectures.
EUR 0: Description: Participating the Summer School is free of charge, but student have to cover the costs of own travel, accommodation and meals at Jyväskylä.
The 26th Jyväskylä Summer School is not able to grant any Summer School students financial support.