26 July 2016
Bucky Kids is a themed English language course that immerses students aged 7-10 in the English language.
The course is specifically designed for younger learners, with 18 hours of tuition each week, an average class size of 8 students and a 20% limit of any nationality, this is perfect opportunity for young students to experience their first ever summer school.
INCLUDED IN BUCKY KIDS:
- Full-board accommodation in a traditional English boarding school
- Airport transfers
- Personalised report card & certificate
- Entrances to attractions on excursions
- Full activity programme
- West End Musical
The syllabus incorporates themed English lessons, project sessions and diary writing.
The course aims to:
Develop linguistic skills through task based learning and collaborative activities.
Build social skills and confidence through pair work, group work and individual learning.
Give students a positive learning experience to promote future interest in learning English.
The themed lessons are timetabled in the morning and are directly related to the activities the students take part over the course of the day.
Themes on the course include ‘Superheroes’, ‘The Animal Kingdom’ and ‘Storytelling through fairy tales’. These young learner centric topics provide the platform for teaching vocabulary and grammar through engaging topics.
The variety of lessons and teaching material provide students with a stimulating and comprehensive learning experience throughout their stay with Bucksmore.
Project sessions on Bucky Kids promote group work and co-operation and allow participation for all young learners in a more creative capacity.
Each day students spend one hour learning about, practising and preparing for their weekly project presentation.
The aims of project work are to encourage younger learners to co-operate on an equal basis towards the completion of tasks that the project requires. The level of personal involvement for young learners in projects is often higher which enhances their motivation for continued learning.
A new addition to the Bucky Kids academic programme is the introduction of end of day diary sessions. The diary sessions act as a review of the daily activities and excursions.
Students create diary entries to reinforce their learning experience for the day and new language is recycled and recorded in these sessions.
Experienced young learner tutors provide a guide and model short writing examples for students to follow and make their own diary entries. By the end of the programme students have a written memory to return home with.
The course aims to:
- Develop linguistic skills through task based learning and collaborative activities.
- Build social skills and confidence through pair work, group work and individual learning.
- Give students a positive learning experience to promote future interest in learning English.
GBP 1170: Course fees are per week and include the following:
Prices are fully inclusive, meaning that the only money students need to bring is for souvenirs!
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Packed meals on excursion days
- Wi-Fi available throughout the College
- Personal travel insurance
- Transfers to and from Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted airports
- Laundry once a week
- Two full-day trips and one half-day excursion per week
- Personalised report card and certificate presented at graduation ceremony
- Bucksmore rucksack, student card and wristband
- Welcome packs on arrival
- Study materials
- Visit to a West End Musical each week