26 July 2016
Bucksmore Arts Choice
Bucksmore Arts Choice is a unique English language course that immerses students aged 13-17 in the English language combined with a choice of performing arts, studied alongside local English teenagers.
With 19 hours of English tuition each week, 9 hours of performing arts per week, a maximum class size of 11 students and a 20% limit of any nationality, Bucksmore Arts Choice offers the opportunity for students to improve their English both in the classroom and also with a truly international community during the afternoon electives.
INCLUDED IN BUCKSMORE ARTS CHOICE:
- Full-board accommodation in an Oxford University College
- Airport transfers
- Enrolment on Bucksmore Assessment
- Personalised report card & certificate
- Entrances to attractions on excursions
- Full activity programme
- Bucksmore Arts Choice is aimed at students with an intermediate level English or above.
- Students are placed one of four levels (intermediate, upper intermediate, advanced or proficiency) based on their ability.
- The age range for students at Bucksmore Arts Choice is 13-17.
- Bucksmore Arts Choice has a nationality cap of 20%. This means that there can be no more than 20% of students from a single country.
- The syllabus incorporates language study, language for life, excursion link lessons and academic skills sessions.
- The language study lessons focus on the communicative style of language learning and provide grammar and vocabulary tailored to a student’s ability. Whereas language for life lessons integrate a wider range of topics including learner training, literacy, culture and life skills.
The course aims to:
- Build language skills and confidence gradually through our multi-level syllabus.
- Help students achieve their individual goals in language learning.
- Gain a better understanding of English books, films, songs, the internet and other media.
GBP 1320: Included in Course Fees
Prices are fully inclusive, meaning that the only money students need to bring is for souvenirs!
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the College
- Packed meals on excursion days
- Wi-Fi available throughout the College
- Personal travel insurance
- Transfers to and from Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted airports
- Laundry once a week
- Expert Art Elective tuition studying with local English teenagers
- Two full-day trips and one half-day excursion per week
- Personalised report card and certificate presented at graduation ceremony
- Bucksmore rucksack, student card and wristband
- Welcome packs on arrival
- Study materials