17 February 2016
Enterprise and the Environment
Designed and administered by a research insitute within the Univeristy of Oxford, we'll combine the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment's world-class research and teaching strengths in environmental economics and policy, enterprise management, and financial markets and investment to study critical global environmental challenges in the 21st century. We’ll be exploring the value of the environment to enterprise, and asking: can enterprise save the environment?
Summer School Academic Director:
Professor Cameron Hepburn, Professor of Environmental Economics, University of Oxford
The Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment (SSEE) was established in 2007 as an independent research centre of the Universit
The Summer School is particularly relevant for:
- Those already studying related topics at an undergraduate level who would like to supplement their current studies, which may be in fields such as finance, management, economics, geography, or the physical sciences.
- Those who are considering a Master’s degree in a related topic and would like an introduction to key issues.
- Undergraduates or graduates considering careers in enterprise and the environment who would like an overview of the sector.
We also welcome applications from others whose background and interests are aligned with the Summer School teaching.
Designed and delivered by Smith School faculty, the Summer School will explore leading Oxford research on subject-specific questions such as:
- How does climate change affect economic stability?
- How do financial markets drive long-term environmental decision-making?
- What is the future of energy markets?
- How can we safeguard clean water for everyone?
- What can corporations do to protect biodiversity?
We’ll bring these complex issues together to look at the future of enterprise and the environment, scaling up to tackle big questions:
- What is the value of the environment for enterprise?
- Can enterprise save the environment?
EUR 0: We do not award credits for the Summer School. If you would like to obtain credit from your own institution for attending the programme, please consult them in advance, and inform us of your intention in your application form. We would be happy to provide further details about the course for this purpose and, if required, an assessment of your work during the Summer School.
GBP 3300: Early Bird Discount: 10% off the fee for those applying by 12noon (UK time) on 25th April 2016
We hope to offer some bursaries or partial scholarships, which would be granted on the basis of merit and need. Information will be posted here on our website should they become available. Applicants to bursaries will be required to provide additional app