28 July 2016
Contemporary Concepts of Production Logistics
It is impossible to develop and afterwards improve effective material flows management systems without the knowledge of the modern logistics concepts, approaches, and technologies. The course format will be a mixture of lectures, class discussion, case studies, and business games.
No prior coursework is required.
Professor Dr. Alla V. Fel
Ph.D. in Economics
Associate Professor of Logistics Department at the School of Logistics
Deputy Head for Academic Affairs
Faculty of Business and Management / School of Logistics
National Research University Higher School o
Students of economics, business studies, management studies and interested persons. Minimum age 18 years.
English required in the level: B2-C2 / Intermediate and advanced level
The objective of this course is to master the fundamentals of the contemporary concepts of production logistics. To accomplish the purpose specified include the study of the following main topics: the organization of the production process, the peculiarities of material flows organization and management, the concepts / approaches / technologies of production logistics (Lean Production, Just-in-time, Kanban, Theory of Constraints, etc.), the comparative analysis of the concepts, their basic elements and tools. Learning the course will allow:
1. To get a systemic understanding of the processes taking place in manufacturing plants
2. To gain knowledge about the peculiarities of material flows organization and management in different types of production systems
3. To gain knowledge about the modern approaches to the improvement of activities in the field of production logistics
4. To learn the main principles of material flows organization using the elements and tools of the modern logistics concepts
5. To understand the advantages and problems of the logistics concepts application in the production systems
6. To choose the logistics concept / approach / technology deliberately taking into account special characteristics of the manufacturing environment and situation of the enterprise at hand
or 4 US credit hours
EUR 850: The course fee includes: information packet with city guide; Seminars and lectures; Teaching material; Program related excursion; Ticket for public transport in Bremen (bus+tram)
The course fee excludes: Travel expenses; Accommodation in Bremen (available at extra costs); Health and liability insurance; Board and personal spendings; Participation in optional activities