1 July 2016
International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
On completion of the course the students will be able to:
Knowledge and understanding
1. Demonstrate the basic concepts of logistics and supply chain management.
2. Demonstrate the importance of logistics and supply chain management and its value for competitive
advantage of the firm.
3. Reason critically and independently around problems related to different actors and flows in the supply
Skills and abilities
4. Analyse and interpret the supply chain, the role of its actors and its logistics flows and function.
Judgement and approach
5. Critically assess the theoretical foundations for models and techniques related to logistics and supply
6. Reflect upon and evaluate their own behaviour in the project work.
This course introduces the theoretical foundations of logistics and supply chain management with an
international focus. The course consists of the following parts:
• Theoretical foundations of logistic and supply chain management, frameworks and tools in managing
supply chain, 8 credits
• Course project and self reflection,2 credits.
The course welcomes students from different nationalities that meet the prerequisites.
The course aims to provide students with knowledge about the complex and
dynamic nature of international logistics and supply chain management. It
seeks to prepare its students with the skills needed in an international business
environment with expected demands on not just efficiency and effectiveness,
but also on the relationship skills required to manage international
business in today’s increasingly global business network. The course focuses
on the role of management and how international logistics and supply chain
management can function as a source of competitive advantage. In addition,
the course will provide students with knowledge about the use and impact of
e-commerce in logistics and supply chain management.
10 ECTS credits
SEK 0: Application fee: 900 SEK (for citizens outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland)
Tuition undergraduate courses: 16 250 SEK per course
Social and Cultural package: 600 SEK (Welcome lunch, social activitites, company visit, cultural trip and farewell dinner)
Please feel free to contact us if you want to apply or require more information.The programme is fee-based.