3 February 2017
The School provides the opportunity to attend intensive academic program, which is composed of different lectures in nuclear engineering with experience from professors and experts from the Russian Federation and European countries, with different opinions and approach.
Course content (the following topics will be covered):
- Technological Foundation for Internalization of WWER Technology;
- Introduction to Nuclear Engineering. Physical basis of nuclear energy;
- Steam generation at nuclear power plants. Methods of calculation;
- Heat and mass transfer enhancement in the equipment of nuclear power units;
- Moisture separators-reheaters of steam turbine units of nuclear power plants: Russian and foreign construction of MSR, their operation experience;
- Thermal Regimes of the Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage in Water Reservoirs;
- Nuclear Fuels;
- Fuel Cycle;
- Reactor Physics;
- Nuclear safety;
- PWR & BWR , GCR & PHWR;
- FBR & Sustainability.
Contact persons - coordinators: Mrs. Alena Aleshina (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mrs. Ekaterina Sokolova (email@example.com).
The course is opened for Russian and foreign Bachelor and Master Degree students with specialized background in Nuclear Engineering
Participants will receive a certificate of participation at the end of the winter school and all necessary documentation to validate the course at their home university.
EUR 600: The participation fee includes tuition fee, course material, company visit and cultural program. Tuition fee is fixed in rubles (40 000 RUB) and in EUR depends on a currency exchange rate and can vary.
The participation fee includes tuition fee, course material, company visit and cultural program.
The cultural program includes:
- excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- excursion to Pushkin (one of the most beautiful suburbs of St. Petersburg.
Partial scholarships are available on competitive basis.