14 January 2016
Winter School 2016: Fairness, opportunities and inequality transmission
Winter School on Inequality and Collective Welfare Theory (IT11)
* Department of Economics of the University of Verona
* LISER Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Researh
* The Society for the Study of Economic Inequality (ECINEQ)
* Statistics Norway
* Thema (Université de Cergy - Pontoise; ANR TRANSINEQ project)
* ZEW (Centre for European Economic Research)
* Inequality of opportunity: theory, evidence and policy implications
* Transmission of inequality: family background, inheritances, geographical segregation
* Well-being evaluation and inequality with ordinal data
* Social comparisons, fairness, cooperation and redistribution
* mapping with Arc GIS
Claudio Zoli and Eugenio Peluso, University of Verona
PhD students. An additional limited number of places is reserved to senior faculty members
provide junior and senior researchers with the opportunity to discuss issues concerning:
* Inequality of opportunity: theory, evidence and policy implications.
* Transmission of inequality: family background, inheritances, geographical segregation.
* Inequality and well-being. Social comparisons, fairness, cooperation and redistribution.
EUR 300: includes tuition, shuttle bus transportation from Verona to Canazei (leaving on Sunday January 10 in the afternoon and returning on Friday January 15 in the morning) and the social dinner
includes base registration plus a double (or triple) room accommodation together with another participant and half-board (breakfast and dinner)