2 September 2016
Are you a student? Is the plant breeding world your field of interest? Do terms like green genetics, horticulture & plant breeding sound familiar? Then we invite you to participate in this Summer School. The detailed programme will follow as soon as possible.
Lecturers of the Summer School are members of the team of prof. dr R.G.F. (Richard) Visser, head of Wageningen UR Plant Breeding. dr. Gerard van der Linden and dr. ir. Sjaak van Heusden will support this years edition.
• A 2nd or 3rd year Academic Bachelor student in biology, plant science, agronomy, or a related field.
• A 3rd year Professional Bachelor student (HBO/Fachhochschule/Polytechnic) in agronomy, horticulture, biotechnology, laboratory techniques, applied biology.
• Learn about the basic topics in plant breeding
• Hear about new promising technologies
• Visit research facilities and laboratories
• Be the special guest of worldwide leading breeding companies
EUR 0: The summer school is free of charge for students with the appropriate background. You are invited to submit your registration -CV and a short motivation letter. Acceptance will be based on evaluation of your CV, letter and available places.