1 September 2016
German Intensive Courses
Aschaffenburg University of Applied Sciences offers 4-week intensive German courses jointly organised by the university’s Career Service und Language Centre, thus guaranteeing a high level of business-oriented and didactic standards:
Depending on your prior knowledge, you can choose from intensive German courses ranging from the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) levels A1-B2 (depending on demand); before registration, please take the online placement test on www.sprachtest.de/einstufungstest-deutsch to determine your level.
The courses are no integration courses, but language courses with some level-specific input on German culture.
All courses include 64 teaching hours, i.e. four 45-minute lessons per teaching day. Teaching days are from Monday to Thursday, reserving Fridays for self-study, work, private travels and relaxation. Classes are from 3:30 pm to 6:45 pm including one 15-minute break. A final exam assessing participants’ progress is held on the penultimate day of the course, with the very last day being reserved for a special highlight: In order to round off the course and to allow participants to learn even more about German culture, the German way of life, the city of Aschaffenburg and its surroundings in the Rhine-Main area, the teachers take participants on field trips and visits to nearby companies, institutions and/or events.
To ensure a familiar and efficient learning atmosphere, the maximum number of participants per course is 15; the minimum number of participants is 10.
The German teachers of Aschaffenburg University of Applied Sciences are experienced professionals with academic qualifications at university level.
Exchange students, tourists, visitors, expatriates or professionals wishing to learn German or to improve their German
Learning German from scratch or improving your German skills including some level-specific input on German culture
Benefits for exchange students:
- preparing for your exchange semester at Aschaffenburg University of Applied Sciences or any other German university by learning German from scratch or improving your German skills
- recapitulating your exchange semester at Aschaffenburg University of Applied Sciences or any other German university by revising and deepening your German skills
- getting ready for a work placement in Germany
- interacting not only with exchange students from various universities but also non-student learners of German (tourists, visitors, expatriates or professionals), thus benefiting from their international backgrounds and travel/work/everyday
- life experiences in Germany
Benefits for non-students (e.g. tourists, visitors, expatriates, professionals):
- preparing for a work placement/job/expatriate position in the area of Aschaffenburg or anywhere else in Germany (accompanying partners are also welcome!)
- improving your German during your summer holidays when already working for a German company in and around Aschaffenburg
- making meaningful use of the summer time spent as a tourist or visitor in Aschaffenburg and its surroundings by learning German
- interacting not only with non-student learners of German but also with exchange students from various universities, thus benefiting from their mixed international backgrounds and study/academic experiences in Germany
A final exam assessing participants’ progress is held on the penultimate day of the course.
Certificates will be issued for participants passing the final exam.
EUR 299: For exchange students providing proof of matriculation
EUR 349: For non-students