22 July 2016
Contents of the lectures are:
* Introduction and fundamentals of radar technology
* Overview of different radar systems
* Phased array radar and array processing: antenna technology, phased array antennas, digital beamforming (DBF), synthetic aperture radar (SAR )
* Bi- and multistatic passive radar/SAR systems
* Detection and tracking of targets
* Antennas and scattering
* Radar imaging
* Special radar techniques: waveform, Terahertz imaging, ultra wideband (UWB) radar, ground penetrating radar (GPR)
The International Summer School will consist of a series of lectures given by recognized experts on the above topics and related fields of application. There will be parallel workshops accompanied by experts from Fraunhofer-FHR which will strengthen the l
The international summer school on Radar/SAR is intended for students, PhD students and research scientists dealing with radar related issues. Industrial research engineers and developers may also gain a lot from this week, where they will learn about the most advanced technologies and signal processing in radar. This school is officially recognized as a continuing education program.
The main focus of the International Summer School on Radar/SAR lies in particular in imparting the knowledge of the physical fundamentals and technologies of modern Radar/SAR systems and the necessary signal processing steps. Special emphasis is put on imaging radar. Considered systems and applications are regarded within civilian range and in the defense.
EUR 600: The fee includes accommodation, full board during the Summer School, all lectures and workshops, printed lecture material and other common activities.
Students: 600,- EUR
PhD Students: 900,- EUR
Scientists: 1200,- EUR