13 July 2018
Introduction to Managerial Skills and Entrepreneurship
This course belongs to the STUDY ABROAD summer program of the University of Almeria. This Summer Program offers 4-week intensive academic and professional courses taught by Doctors and Full Professors of proven expertise and experience in the most leading-edge areas of knowledge of our University (Science and Engineering, Business and Social Sciences, Computing, Health Sciences, Education, Modern Languages, Tourism, etc).
This program is a unique opportunity for both undergraduate and postgraduate students from around the world to improve their academic, scientific and professional knowledge and expertise through a unique summer academic immersion experience. Since our beginning (2013), more than 250 students from different international universities have already participated (USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Belgium, UK, Finland, Norway, Netherlands, Austria, etc.).
The summer course packages include accommodation and meals, local transport voucher, cultural tours and trips, among other. The workload of this course is 45 hours and they can be recognized by up to 6 ECTS credits at the home university. Please notice that our summer courses are addressed both to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.
Ph.D. Raquel Antolín López
Undergraduate and/or postgraduate students from universities all over the world.
1. To understand and identify competences and skills needed in management tasks in an international organization.
2. To deal effectively with scenarios demanding decision making processes, problem solving, negotiation, effective communication, team management, motivation and leadership of groups in a multinational context.
3. To give solutions to marketing and human resource management problems research in an international environment.
EUR 900: THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
· Course registration and tuition
· Accommodation at University Halls of Residence (newly built in 2016)
· Meals (Full board: breakfast, lunch and dinner)
· Free WIFI (on accommodation and Campus)
· Local transport card
· Travel and medical insurance
· Free access to university facilities (library, computer and study rooms, etc.)
· Buddy system (support from the International Student Association)
· Academic events
· Visits to industries (1 – 3 per course)
· Cultural program (at least 3 sightseeing tours and trips & organized social activities).
· Official Certificate & Transcript of Records.