26 July 2018
Fundamentos de Bioprocesos de Microalgas
This course belongs to the STUDY ABROAD summer program of the University of Almeria. This Summer Program offers 4-week intensive academic and professional courses taught by Doctors and Full Professors of proven expertise and experience in the most leading-edge areas of knowledge of our University (Science and Engineering, Business and Social Sciences, Computing, Health Sciences, Education, Modern Languages, Tourism, etc).
This program is a unique opportunity for both undergraduate and postgraduate students from around the world to improve their academic, scientific and professional knowledge and expertise through a unique summer academic immersion experience. Since our beginning (2013), more than 250 students from different international universities have already participated (USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Belgium, UK, Finland, Norway, Netherlands, Austria, etc.).
The summer course packages include accommodation and meals, local transport voucher, cultural tours and trips, among other. The workload of the courses is 80 hours and they can be recognized by up to 11 ECTS credits at the home university. Please notice that our summer courses are addressed both to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.
María del Carmen Cerón García
Undergraduate and/or postgraduate students from universities all over the world
El objetivo del curso es proporcionar los conocimientos básicos, las habilidades necesarias, así
como los procedimientos analíticos e instrumentales para el crecimiento de microalgas,
caracterizar la biomasa y conceptualizar los procesos de microalgas. El objetivo principal es
explicar de manera clara y simple:
1. El conocimiento y las habilidades necesarias para cultivar microalgas y cianobacterias.
2. Los fundamentos para diseñar, configurar, operar y controlar los fotobiorreactores (PBR).
3. Lo esencial de la dinámica de fluidos y la transferencia de masa dentro de los PBR.
4. Las principales unidades de operaciones para cosechar y procesar la biomasa, así como
5. Los principios básicos de la evaluación tecnoeconómica de los bioprocesos de microalgas.
The 80-hour course can be recognized by up to 11 ECTS credits at home university.
EUR 1800: THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
· Course registration and tuition
· Accommodation at University Halls of Residence (newly built in 2016)
· Meals (Full board: breakfast, lunch and dinner)
· Free WIFI (on accommodation and Campus)
· Local transport card
· Travel and medical insurance
· Free access to university facilities (library, computer and study rooms, etc.)
· Buddy system (support from the International Student Association)
· Academic events
· Visits to industries (1 – 3 per course)
· Cultural program (at least 5 sightseeing tours and trips & organized social activities).
· Official Certificate & Transcript of Records.
EUR 1700: Registrations made before March 30, 2018 have 5.5% discount (1,700 EUR).
· Early-bird registration: 5.5% discount (1,700 EUR) for registrations made before March 30, 2018.
· Standard registration: 1,800 EUR
· Possibility of payment in installments (900 EUR x 2)