26 July 2019
INTERNATIONAL CROATIAN LANGUAGE COURSES
The course is intended for Slavistes & all those who would like to learn about the Croatian language and Croatian culture. Students must be sixteen or older in order to enroll. It consists of the following:
- Learning about Croatian language structure at all levels, based on various texts (songs, anecdotes, jokes, newspaper articles, magazines, standard texts, videos, etc.)
- Practicing the acquired knowledge in discussions dealing with specific questions, and according to the level of Croatian language competence of students
- The history of the Croatian language and Croatian dialectology
- Glagolitic monuments
- A comparison of Croatian language with other similar languages, especially South - Slavic languages
- Croatian proverbs and phrases in comparison with other languages
- Standard Croatian terminology (legal, economic, computer terminology, etc.) in comparison with other languages
- Croatian linguistic purism (continuity, discontinuity, re-continuity)
- Croatian literature in the European context
- Learning about Croatian culture, history and geography, especially the region of Zadar
PROGRAM B: TWO-WEEK INTERNATIONAL CROATIAN LANGUAGE COURSE (3 levels: beginners, intermediate & advanced)
Classes are held 4 hours a day. Teaching starts at 9 o'clock. Can be completed with additional tuition hours if so desired. Excursions are not mandatory. Shorter trips are organized on a working day, and all-day excursions on Saturdays; on Sundays the participants are free.
Director of the program: Dr. Mile Mamic, full professor of the Contemporary Croatian language
The course is intended for Slavistes & all those who would like to learn about the Croatian language and Croatian culture.
Students must be sixteen or older in order to enroll.
EUR 0: School fee 360 € (180 € per week).
Single room 280 € (ie 140 € per week).
Double room 200 € (ie 100 € per week)