13 August 2021
on course website
Computer Modeling and Simulation for Engineersblended course
The course curriculum includes:
- Introduction in Modelica (Dymola, OpenModelica);
- Introduction in MVL (MwStudium, Rand Model Designer).
Introduction in Object-Oriented Modeling is based on two courses «Modeling and Simulation with Modelica for engineers» (prof. Alfonso Urguia, Spain ) and «Rand Model Designer for beginners» (prof. Yuri Senichenkov, Russia) developed for InMotion Project. Modelica and Model Vision Language are object-oriented, equation based modeling languages for modeling and simulation complex dynamical systems. Models of complex dynamical systems are hierarchical, component models with event-driven behavior. Both courses iuclude lectures, practical work and independed work with tools for visual modeling.
- Isolated models based on differential and difference equation / lectures;
- Simple dynamical systems / practical workshop;
- Hybrid system and State Machines / lectures;
- Event-driven behavior: bouncing ball, ideal diod / practical workshop;
- Classes, objects, inheritance, packages and libraries / lectures;
- Components with inputs/outputs («Causal» modeling) / lectures;
- Control systems: PID regulator / practical workshop;
- Components with contacts/flows («Physical» Modeling) / lectures;
- Electrical and Hydraulic component systems / practical workshop.
Deadline for registration:
Online format: July 19, 2021
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: July 05, 2021
- for non-EU nationals: May 24, 2021
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
Cultural program in the Hybrid format is discussed with participants individually.
*All of the listed above activities are planned to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Provided only for the Hybrid or the Tailor-made formats:
- on campus at the university dormitory
- off-campus at partner hostels in the city center
Details of the options and booking procedures will be discussed with each applicant individually.
Professors and lecturers:
Prof. Yuri Senichenkov, Polytech (Russia)
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English
- Knowledge of the Russian language is not required
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies
EUR 270: Online format: 270 Euro
Hybrid format: 270 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invition)
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips and cultural program.
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits (mailed by post in case of the online format of the Summer School).
- If you take 2 programs in one season you get a 10% discount per each course;
- If you take 3 or more programs in one season you get a 15% discount per each course;
- If you are an alumni of any previous course in the last 5 years you get a 10% discount for any summer program;
- If you are an SPbPU student you get a 20% discount for any summer course;
- If you are a student of any other Russian university you get a 15% discount for any summer program.
on course website