13 August 2021
on course website
Clinical Skills in the Treatment of Anxiety and Depression: Hands-on Practice and Heads-on Theoryonline course
This unique course will provide you with hands-on knowledge and experience with evidence-based techniques as well as experimental innovative interventions for the treatment of anxiety and depression.
The programme includes exposure techniques, behavioural activation, mindfulness, imagery rescripting, worry training, cognitive therapy, cognitive restructuring and cognitive bias modification. These interventions will be introduced by expert researchers in the field against a background of the latest scientific insights. You will also get hands-on experience with these techniques and you will be practicing under the guidance of expert clinicians.
Anxiety disorders and depression are among the most common mental illnesses in the world, putting a high burden on individual well-being as well as society. All clinical psychologists will come across depression and anxiety in their career. Therefore, a sound understanding of these psychopathologies is crucial for any aspiring clinical therapist.
The course will help you prepare for a future career in clinical psychology, and will help shape the scientist-practitioner in you! In short, whether you are a student, researcher, or novice practitioner with a basic understanding of clinical psychology, if you want to advance your practical skills and theoretical knowledge of anxiety and depression, this course is right for you! The course will be provided by the Radboud University in collaboration with expert clinicians and leading researchers from Pro Persona, Radboud University Medical Center, KU Leuven, and Ghent University.
• Nessa Ikani, PhD student and researcher, Radboud University
• Lynn Mobach, PhD student and researcher, Radboud University
• Dr. Julie Krans, assistant professor, Radboud University
• Advanced Bachelor
This course is designed for individuals who are interested in clinical psychology and who would like to integrate theoretical knowledge regarding anxiety and depression with hands-on experience with the application/implementation of commonly used and innovative techniques in clinical practice.
After this course you are able to:
1. Understand the theoretical underpinnings of current clinical techniques and interventions in anxiety and depression.
2. Apply clinical techniques at a basic level in preparation of formal clinical training.
3. Critically reflect on the use of established and new clinical techniques in the treatment of depression and anxiety.
4. Think like a scientist-practitioner by integrating theoretical insight with clinical application.
EUR 375: The fee includes the registration fees, course materials, access to library and IT facilities, coffee/tea, lunch, and a number of social activities.Register for this course
on course website