14 August 2021
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Do you want to learn how to turn your world-changing big idea into a business, start-up, or social venture through collaborative and engaging workshops? If so, this summer school is for you.
This summer school is activity-driven and solution-focused: you will learn the tools and techniques to create innovative solutions and make your ideas a reality through a combination of workshops, groupwork, industry engagement, and working with expert faculty and local businesses and start-ups.
Dr. Suzanne Cole and other faculty members from the University of Bristol's multidisciplinary Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
We welcome undergraduate students from any major who are interested in learning the tools and contexts they need to turn an idea into a business, startup, social venture or cause.
You do not have to be a business or management major to attend this summer school.
Over the course of the summer school you will:
* Develop a business proposal, build a business plan, and pitch to potential clients in a safe and supportive environment
* Apply cutting-edge theory, tools, techniques, and skills to develop a robust enterprise plan
* Engage with local industry through company visits
* Investigate and evaluate different business models and environments for an enterprise
* Explain key theories and concepts in entrepreneurship
* Reflect on the experience of developing an idea through to a potential start-up within the course
* Engage strategic thinking to create a sustainable and successful entrepreneurial project
* Learn key influencing and presentation techniques.
10 University of Bristol credits, normally suggested as equivalent to 5 ECTS or 2.5-3 US semester credits.
GBP 2995: The programme fee includes:
* All tuition, workshop costs, and industry engagement sessions;
* Single-room university residence accommodation, with a meal package throughout;
* 24-7 support from the Global Summer Schools team, as well as University of Bristol student leaders, who are also available to help with your questions and lead activities;
* An exciting social programme, including optional weekend trips;
* Transfers within Bristol from the airport, coach station or train station to residence on arrivals and departures day.
A £200 discount is available to University of Bristol mobility partners and any students who apply by the early-bird deadline of 1st April 2021.