26 June 2020
BioBusiness Summer School 2020
BioBusiness Summer School is a five-day course for academics who are contemplating about a career switch to industry and young professionals in their first industry jobs. This course will help you to jumpstart your career in the Life Sciences industry. During the five day program you will learn basic knowledge of main business topics, such as product development, intellectual property rights, business models and finance. You will also gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, meet leading business people, expand your international network and enjoy the beautiful city of Amsterdam via the social program.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have a clear overview of the opportunities and challenges within the life sciences industry
- Be able to describe the process of product development and the challenges that might be faced
- Have gained insight into the purpose, use, legal and regulatory aspects of intellectual property rights and how to obtain them.
- Be able to discuss various types of business models in life sciences industry and link organisations to these business models.
- Have gained insight into the concept of financial statements, costs and revenue allocations, budgeting and forecasting.
- Have expanded their business network in life sciences.
- Have gained insight into what career opportunities there are in industry
The summer school focuses on medical biotechnology, but is also suitable for other life sciences fields such as plant biotechnology, food technology and industrial biotechnology. Considering the level of the course we recommend a miminum education level of BSc.
• PhD candidates (65%)
• Postdoctoral fellows (18%)
• Masters' students (2%)
• Scientists in their first industry jobs (5%)
• Scientists interested in BioBusiness and/or starting their own company (10%)
EUR 1049: Early-bird fee until March 15
EUR 1199: Regular fee (deadline registration is May 24)
Personal budgets can be used the finance this course. Ask your advisor or manager for more information.