30 July 2021
on course website
Machine Learning: Theory and Applicationblended course
The course introduces students to the theoretical foundations of machine learning and data science, as well as to the solution of real business problems with the help of computer vision, classification and regression algorithms. The optimal balance between theory and practice provides both a good foundation and the ability to apply knowledge in practice.
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning;
- Brief History rewiew and state of the art;
- Supervised and unsupervised learning;
- Overfitting and underfitting;
- Regularization in ML;
- Model Validation techniques;
- Machine learning algorithms classification;
- Data processing techniques;
- Machine learning application workflow;
- Hyperparameters tuning tactiques;
- Binary classification and logistic regression;
- Shallow Neural networks;
- Deep Neural networks;
- Convolutional Neural Networks Basics;
- Deep Sequential Neural Networks.
Deadline for registration:
Online format: July 05, 2021
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: June 21, 2021
- for non-EU nationals: May 11, 2021
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
Cultural program in the Hybrid format is discussed with participants individually.
*All of the listed above activities are planned to take place but in case any of those will have to be cancelled, an alternative event will be offered to participants.
Provided only for the Hybrid or the Tailor-made formats:
- on campus at the university dormitory
- off-campus at partner hostels in the city center
Details of the options and booking procedures will be discussed with each applicant individually.
Professors and lecturers:
Ogul Unal - PhD, Institute of Computer Science and Technology, SPbPU; M-com Search Engine Optimization specialist”;
Nikita Kudryashov – PhD, Institute of Computer Science and Technology, SPbPU; Gazprom-neft leading specialist
- Elementary knowledge of programming skills;
- Knowledge of basics of matrix operations and differentiation;
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
EUR 270: Online format: 270 Euro
Hybrid format: 270 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invition)
Participation fee includes tuition fee, study materials, field trips and cultural program.
Upon successful completion of the course students will receive hard copies of certificates with ECTS credits (mailed by post in case of the online format of the Summer School).
- If you take 2 programs in one season you get a 10% discount per each course;
- If you take 3 or more programs in one season you get a 15% discount per each course;
- If you are an alumni of any previous course in the last 5 years you get a 10% discount for any summer program;
- If you are an SPbPU student you get a 20% discount for any summer course;
- If you are a student of any other Russian university you get a 15% discount for any summer program.
on course website