15 January 2021
AI Society 4.0: from Earth to Spaceonline course
Societies are changing. Artificial intelligence (AI) challenges our status quo due to its multiple benefits but also due to the risks posed by an active implementation of this advanced technology in our daily lives.
AI transforms multiple industries from healthcare, retail, or legal services. It has a significant influence on aspects related to climate change and space exploration.
Prof. Mr. Arno Lodder, Ioana Bratu, Tina van der Linden
This course is for Master’s and PhD students as well as professionals with various disciplinary backgrounds such as law, economics, business administration, sociology, and computer science. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please let us know. Our courses are multi-disciplinary and therefore are open to students with a wide variety of backgrounds.
We will focus on real life applications of AI in both digital and physical worlds. Further, we will travel to Space and we will get acquainted with recent trends, such as NewSpace, while we seek to identify how Space Law applies in the era of advanced autonomous AI.
In order to accomplish the course goals, a variety of industry professionals and researchers will provide up to date strategic insights. The course materials are highly revered publications in the form of academic research papers. Recent case studies will also be discussed and interpreted in class.
EUR 600: Fees:
Students and PhD Students: €600
Students, PhD students and employees at VU Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1 October receive €50 Early Bird Discount
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of participants
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity