13 December 2020
Introduction to Ronline course
The course is designed for people with no or little knowledge of programming in R language. We will introduce basic programming concepts such as variables and functions, we will learn the relevant data types and operations R offers. After finishing the course, you should be able to load, access, explore and visualize your data. It consists of 12 hours of lectures and it is awarded with 2 ECTS for a successfull completion.
- What is R? Exploring RStudio
- Variables and data types - numeric, character, logical, lists, etc.
- Useful functions to work with numbers, characters and factors
- Vectors and vector operations
- Loading and saving data - loading text files, files from the internet
- Exploring data.frames - data.frame structure, accessing observations or variable vectors
- Basic exploratory statistics - measures of central tendency, measures of variance, count tables
- Basic visualizations - histograms, scatter-plots, boxplots, etc.
Find more information on our website.
EUR 300: Students
EUR 400: Non-students
(get a 50 EUR discount - use code "CWS20"; valid until 15 November)