16 July 2021
Applied Quantum Computing
In recent years an enormous progress in the field of Quantum Computing has taken place. Although a commercial available Quantum Computer is not expected within five years, companies want to be ready in case it will be. Furthermore, the possibility to decrypt by a Quantum Computer foreshadows the need to be Quantum Secure.
The summerschool Applied Quantum Computing offers several perspectives on Quantum Computing and introduces students to development of applications for Quantum Computing.
Marten Teitsma, Bernardo Villalba, Ed Kuijpers & Skander Jaibi
Students with an affinity for computer science, physics and/or mathematics with sufficient fluency in the English language should apply.
After the course students:
- will be able to implement a basic quantum algorithm and understand its behaviour
- will be able to use a platform for quantum computing for basic applications,
- will have learned about the international race to engineer a quantum computer,
- will be familiarized with the quantum ecosystem in the Netherlands, Europe and global,
- will be able to discern reality from hype for quantum computing.
EUR 900: Tuition