9 July 2021
on course website
Introduction to Preclinical Drug Discovery
The course will be organized jointly by Radboud University (Nijmegen), Pivot Park Life Science campus (Oss) and HAN University of applied sciences (Nijmegen), covering the most important aspects of modern drug discovery.
A selection of the following subjects will be covered during the course:
1. principles and challenges of drug discovery;
2. different phases of drug discovery;
3. conventional and novel therapeutic modalities;
4. target identification and validation;
5. assay development and hit finding through high-throughput screening;
6. importance of hit triaging and validation of target engagement;
7. medicinal chemistry and hit & lead optimization;
8. ADMET, animal PoC;
9. IP generation.
The content of the lectures are designed by academic and industry experts in the field of early drug discovery and the course is a combination of lectures, seminars, group assignments and visits to companies active in pharmaceutical R&D located on Pivot Park Life Science Campus.
Dr. Floris RutjesProfessor
Synthetic Organic Chemistry
Dr. Pedro Hermkens (General coordinator)
Lector Drug Discovery at HAN university of applied sciences
Dr. Saman Honarnejad
Director Drug Discovery, Pivot Park Screening Centre BV
This course is designed for individuals interested in drug discovery with a background in any of the life sciences, ranging from students with at least bachelor level to laboratory technicians, entrepreneurs and researchers employed by life sciences and/or chemical companies.
After this course you are able to:
1. Understand how drugs are discovered and developed
2. Understand in general terms the process of drug discovery (the different phases)
3. Understand the basic principles of medicinal chemistry
4. Understand the important factors for a molecule to become a drug
EUR 400: Online fee
EUR 600: Campus fee
We offer several reduced fees.Register for this course
on course website