10 July 2021
on course website
5G: Enabling Technologies, Opportunities and Researchonline course
The 2021 edition of the Summer School ‘5G: Enabling Technologies, Opportunities and Research Challenges Ahead’ is organized to offer 6 ECTS (48 hours of front lessons) in the broad field of 5G networks, targeting an audience of Bachelor (last year), Master and PhD students, early stage researchers and practitioners from Academia or Industry.
The technologies, opportunities and research challenges of 5G networks will be presented and discussed during the school.
Confirmed speeches and speakers:
- Introduction to 5G: Long story short (Prof. Marco Luise)
- PHY-layer technologies for 5G (Prof. Luca Sanguinetti, Prof. Marco Moretti)
- Non-terrestrial networks for 5G (Prof. Filippo Giannetti)
- The role of Beyond 5G on Industrial IoT (Prof. Rosario Garroppo)
- Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) Services in 5G and Beyond (Prof. Rosario Garroppo)
- 5G and UAV applications (Prof. Stefano Giordano)
- Electromagnetic methodologies for 5G (Prof. Agostino Monorchio)
- Electromagnetic systems for 5G Automotive (Ing. Andrea Michel)
- End-to-end network programmability (Ing. Gregorio Procissi, Ing. Giuseppe Lettieri)
- SDN and NFV in the 5G era (Prof. Enzo Mingozzi, Ing. Antonio Virdis)
- Cloud/Edge Computing for 5G Networks (Ing. Carlo Vallati)
- System-level simulation and real-time emulation of 5G networks (Prof. Giovanni Stea, Ing. Giovanni Nardini)
- Artificial Intelligence for 5G Networks and Applications (Prof. Francesco Marcelloni, Prof. Pietro Ducange)
- Security and privacy in 5G systems (Prof. Gianluca Dini)
- Electronic circuits and systems for 5G Automotive V2X scenarios (Prof. Sergio Saponara)
More to be announced in the next weeks.
The program will be entirely held online, via Microsoft TEAMS.
Prof. Luca Sanguinetti
Bachelor (last year), Master and PhD students, in the field of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Management) disciplines, early stage researchers and practitioners from Academia or Industry.
Together with high-capacity fixed networks, 5G will provide the connectivity needed for the digital transformation. With respect to previous generations, 5G constitutes a revolutionary transformation of communications: its new radio improves performance in terms of speed, latency, terminal density and power consumption. However, the real novelty of 5G is the revolution it entails in terms of creating and facilitating new and diversified services and enabling new non-human users. Thanks to its software network and full integration with the cloud, 5G will enable new use scenarios, with a significant impact in every sector: agriculture, commerce, defence, energy, finance, health, industry, media, public administration, safety, transport.
The summer school provides lessons, from the industry and academic community, about the enabling technologies and methodologies in 5G networks and applications. The 5G Summer School aspires to give attendees the opportunity to learn about the architecture and promise of 5G networks. No prior familiarity with the technology is required, and the intent is to give the attendees a solid foundation in the technology, the current issues and the key user benefits.
A final exam is foreseen. After passing the exam the University of Pisa will register the course as an official exam of 6 ECTS.
EUR 250: tuition feesRegister for this course
on course website